Dr. Luis Soro
Board Certified Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon
Background and Education
Dr. Soro was born and raised in Miami, Florida. He received his bachelor’s degree at the Ivy League institution, University of Pennsylvania, with concentrations in biology and chemistry. Following graduation from medical school at Nova Southeastern University, he completed his dermatology residency at the Lehigh Valley Health Network in Pennsylvania, serving as chief resident his 3rd year. There he developed a strong background in general dermatology, dermatopathology, dermatologic surgery, and cosmetic procedures, including the use of botulinum toxin (Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®), soft tissue fillers, and laser therapy.
Dr. Soro has received various awards throughout his training, including scholarships for aesthetic, clinical, and surgical conferences. He is very active in the community, giving numerous presentations at dermatologic conferences, authoring several scientific papers and volunteering at community skin cancer screenings.
Prior to joining Shino Bay Cosmetic Dermatology, Laser Institute, Dr. Soro received additional training directly under Dr. Aguilera, learning his proven techniques while perfecting his own skills that allow him to create excellent, individually tailored results. His ability to diagnose and treat skin conditions, as well as his understanding of the skin and its underlying structures at a microscopic level, enable him to wholly evaluate each patient and determine their best-suited treatment plan.
Dr. Luis Soro holds memberships in many prestigious medical societies and associations, some of which are:
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- Florida Society of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery
- Dermpath Diagnostics – Dermpath Bowl VII at AAD Annual Meeting Champion – Miami Beach, FL 2013
- Section on Dermatology of the College of Physicians – Stelwagon Award – Honorable Mention – Philadelphia, PA 2013 & 2014
- Orlando Dermatology Aesthetic & Clinical Conference – Advanced Resident and Training Education Scholarship – Orlando, FL 2013
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery – Resident Scholarship Award Recipient – Washington, D.C. 2011 & 2012