- What Insurance Plans do you accept?
- What are your Payment Options?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Why do I need a consultation?
- Can I have my laser surgery done on the same day as my consultation?
- How do lasers work?
- What are the benefits of lasers over other treatment methods?
- Who is a candidate for laser treatment?
- What conditions can be treated with laser therapy?
- Are there different kinds of lasers?
- Does laser treatment hurt?
- What is the recovery like?
- How do I get started?
NOTE: We are a mainly a Cosmetic Dermatology practice and no longer accept new medical patients.
General Dermatology, Medical procedures are usually covered by your insurance. Cosmetic procedures are generally not covered by insurance unless specified as such. All fees will be discussed with patients in advance of the procedure and are payable in advance of the procedure. We accept VISA, DISCOVER, MASTERCARD, Debit Cards and personal checks that are instantly electronically cleared.
For cosmetic packages and procedures we also offer "0% Financing" options for up to 18 months (with approved credit). And other financing options for up to 60 months for cosmetic procedures and products over $300 (with approved credit).
Examples of available Carecredit financing plans with approved credit may include
- NO MINIMUM PAYMENT - You have 6 months to pay it off interest free after that they are charged interest @ 14.99%
- MINIMUM PAYMENT $300 - You have 12 to 18 months to pay it off interest free after that they are charged interest @ 14.99%
- MINIMUM PAYMENT $1,000 - You have 24, 36 or 48 months to pay it off after that they are charged interest @ 14.99%
- MINIMUM PAYMENT $2,500 - You have 60 months with variable interest
For further information regarding our payment policies or pre-approval on credit amounts please contact our office directly. Financing may also be obtained through CarecreditIf you are unable to keep an appointment, we do require that you provide us with a minimum of a 48 hours notice. This courtesy on your part, allows us the proper time to schedule another patient into this now available appointment. Please call our office at (954) 765-3005. The consultation is a very important part of the treatment process. During the consultation, VISIA Digital Photoanalysis will allow you and Dr. Aguilera to conduct a thorough analysis of your skin. Then Dr. Aguilera will discuss your goals, your options, the details of the procedure(s) you choose, and pre- and post-treatment care with you.
Laser light is absorbed by water or dark pigments in our body's tissues (such as melanin in the skin and hemoglobin in the blood) and converted to heat. This destroys the unwanted pigment, hair, vein, etc. without damaging nearby areas. Lasers can also be used to gently stimulate cells and activate them to do things like create new collagen, release stored fat, speed up wound healing and prevent scars from forming.
A variety of functional and cosmetic skin problems can be treated with lasers. Laser treatments can reduce the appearance of sun damage, scars, stretch marks, wrinkles, unwanted hair, fine lines, vascular lesions (birthmarks, spider veins, varicose veins and redness on the face) and uneven pigmentation. See our Procedures page for a complete list.
Any post-treatment discomfort can usually be relieved with extra-strength Tylenol. Dr. Aguilera may prescribe a stronger medication depending on the procedure. A topical antibiotic such as Bacitracin may also be recommended for the treatment area